Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Thursday, January 07, 2010
Update - 12:20 p.m Jan 7
Full services have been restored. All users may now use Cascade as normal.
Wednesday, January 06, 2010
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Update 5:30 p.m. A new server is being shipped overnight.
Update Wednesday Jan. 6, 10:00 a.m. : Server hardware has been picked up and is being tested. Will be on campus around 12:00 p.m.
Update Wednesday Jan. 6 2:00 p.m. : Hardware has been installed. Operating system load started.
Update Thursday Jan. 7 8:00 a.m. : Hardware burn in discovered drive faults. New drives shipped over night. Will be on campus at 8:15 a.m.
1:00 p.m. Full backups have completed and hardware replacement has started.
3:15 p.m. All services have been restored.
Monday, January 04, 2010
During the break, several systems experienced technical difficulty.
Apecs was reported down and will be looked at first thing Monday.
Hotmail is still blacklisting @udmercy.edu and the team will work to clear our good name as quickly as possible.
Blogs/Calendar/Cascade were down for short periods of time during break but brought back online by dedicated staff who had to come on-site. A more permanent repair is needed on this server and will be scheduled as quickly as possible.
If you are aware of additional issues, please let ITS know via comment to this blog or by contacting the Helpdesk.
Sunday, January 03, 2010
The Information Technology Services department wishes all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Y2K+10 years!
From 12/23/09 at 5:00 PM to 1/4/09 at 7:30 AM all of UDM systems will be on auto-pilot. While you are enjoying the break, the ITS staff will also take some “downtime”.
During this period all websites, Blackboard server, TitanConnect Banner, APECS, e-mail servers, file servers, the phone system and our cable stations will run as normal. In the event there is a technical problem, you may report it to ITS by posting a comment on the ITS blog at http://udm-its.blogspot.com. When you post a comment on the blog, an ITS staff member is immediately notified by pager. We will try to reach the appropriate staff person to attempt to resolve the problem and we will use the ITS blog as the place for two-way communication. By using the blog, everyone has the opportunity to see two-way communications on reported issues and the current status.
Tickets submitted into the Helpdesk system will be periodically looked at, as well as messages on the Helpdesk phone line listened to, and answered when possible or upon return to campus.
If you have availability while off and access to a computer, here are a few things you could do on UDM’s systems.
1. Update your address information in TitanConnect Self-Service.
2. Students who have not already done so, should “marry” their @students.udmercy.edu account to their new @udmercy.edu account.
3. If you have an open tickets in the ITS Helpdesk system and need to respond with a status update, please update your tickets at http://helpdesk.udmercy.edu.
4. Empty your TitanConnect e-mail Trash.
5. Download the UDM screen saver available from the it.udmercy.edu page and install it on your PC computer or give it to a friend.
6. Review the tips and documentation available at http://it.udmercy.edu related to various IT solutions at the University.
7. Register for emergency alerts at http://www.udmercy.edu/publicsafety/ealerts/. If you live outside of Wayne County, use UDM’s street address.
8. If you have not already done so and are eligible to register, register for your Term II and III classes on http://tc.udmercy.edu
9. Reset your security questions and answers in TitanConnect to something more secure and something that you will not forget.