Sunday, January 03, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Issues during break, comment them here

The Information Technology Services department wishes all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Y2K+10 years!

From 12/23/09 at 5:00 PM to 1/4/09 at 7:30 AM all of UDM systems will be on auto-pilot.  While you are enjoying the break, the ITS staff will also take some “downtime”.

During this period all websites, Blackboard server, TitanConnect Banner, APECS, e-mail servers, file servers, the phone system and our cable stations will run as normal.  In the event there is a technical problem, you may report it to ITS by posting a comment on the ITS blog at http://udm-its.blogspot.com.  When you post a comment on the blog, an ITS staff member is immediately notified by pager.  We will try to reach the appropriate staff person to attempt to resolve the problem and we will use the ITS blog as the place for two-way communication.  By using the blog, everyone has the opportunity to see two-way communications on reported issues and the current status.

Tickets submitted into the Helpdesk system will be periodically looked at, as well as messages on the Helpdesk phone line listened to, and answered when possible or upon return to campus.

If you have availability while off and access to a computer, here are a few things you could do on UDM’s systems.

1.       Update your address information in TitanConnect Self-Service.

2.       Students who have not already done so, should “marry” their @students.udmercy.edu account to their new @udmercy.edu account.

3.       If you have an open tickets in the ITS Helpdesk system and need to respond with a status update, please update your tickets at http://helpdesk.udmercy.edu.

4.       Empty your TitanConnect e-mail Trash.

5.       Download the UDM screen saver available from the it.udmercy.edu page and install it on your PC computer or give it to a friend.

6.       Review the tips and documentation available at http://it.udmercy.edu related to various IT solutions at the University.

7.       Register for emergency alerts at http://www.udmercy.edu/publicsafety/ealerts/.  If you live outside of Wayne County, use UDM’s street address.

8.       If you have not already done so and are eligible to register, register for your Term II and III classes on http://tc.udmercy.edu

9.       Reset your security questions and answers in TitanConnect to something more secure and something that you will not forget.

Happy Holidays,

ITS

 

32 comments:

Unknown said...

happy holidays to you all too. it would be much happier if i could see my grades and lose the tension. i forgot my titan password and tried to reset it with my security questions, and while it says that i answered them correctly, it says my account is locked for security reasons. what do i do?

UDM-ITS said...

What is your user code? I am not finding your name in the database.

I will need to unlock your account.

Anonymous said...

I cannot access at home my UDM email account. I usually do so by going to exchange.udmercy.edu -- when I put in my user name and password (which is still working to unlock my UDM laptop) it does not recognize them. I'm concerned about this problem since if students or adjunct faculty members are trying to contact me, I am unable to receive their messages or respond to them. Please help! Mary Ann Hazen, Professor, Management, CBA

Unknown said...

My user code is "daveaf". Could you please unlock my account.

UDM-ITS said...

Your account has been unlocked.

Unknown said...

I am trying to access titan connect and my password did not work so I answered my questions but it took me three times and locked my account. Can you unlock it? My user name is masterrl.

UDM-ITS said...

Rebecca, your account has been unlocked.

Mary Ann Hazen said...

I am resubmitting this request, since it seems to not have been acknowledged. I cannot access at home my UDM email account. I usually do so by going to exchange.udmercy.edu -- when I put in my user name and password (which is still working to unlock my UDM laptop) it does not recognize them. I'm concerned about this problem since if students or adjunct faculty members are trying to contact me, I am unable to receive their messages or respond to them. Please help! Mary Ann Hazen, Professor, Management, CBA

UDM-ITS said...

Acknowledged. We are trying to locate one of the two Exchange admins to address this but they are on this holiday break as well and thus far have not been reachable.

Your credentials are working on your notebook computer because they are cached by the system until you reconnect on campus.

If you are at the 90 day mark for a password change and the system was asking you to change that over the past 15 days and you did not take the opportunity to do this before leaving for break, it is possible you are locked out on the UDM network side (where the Exchange.udmercy.edu is located) but your notebook credentials are still working.

Hang in there.

If you are very concerned, come to campus.

Mary Ann Hazen said...

Thank you for the quick response and explanation. I do not recall the system asking me to change my password but it is possible that I missed it somehow -- things were pretty hectic at the end of the term and I did not use my computer on campus very often.

Brad Zemke said...

My account has been locked and I need it to be unlocked so I can view my grades.

UDM-ITS said...

Brad, what is your user code?

UDM-ITS said...

www.udmercy.edu is loading slowly. Investigating.

UDM-ITS said...

www is now responding as it should.

joe tofferi said...

my laptop is completely frozen with a virus..if anyone os arpund campus p[lease let me know. joe tofferi (director of strength and conditioning (993-1719)

UDM-ITS said...

The Helpdesk will return to campus on the 4th. Please submit a helpdesk ticket into the system and refrain from using the unit.

UDM-ITS said...

Cascade, blogs and UDM's calendar appear to be down at this time.

Brad Zemke said...

my user code is zemkebt

UDM-ITS said...

Brad, you are now unlocked.

Sheree said...

I am locked out of the titan connect sign on, I am trying to register for classes. Username brownsd.

UDM-ITS said...

Sheree, your all set now. Your account has been unlocked and you should be able to register for classes. Good luck.

Emily McGee said...

I am locked out of my titan connect login. I was wondering if it could be unlocked. My user ID is mcgeeea.
Thanks

UDM-ITS said...

Emily, you have been unblocked.

UDM-ITS said...

Mary Ann, we have still been unable to locate someone to address your exchange issue.

Emily McGee said...

I previously requested to have my titan login unlocked. I have my userID but cant remeber my password and that seems to be my problem. When I try to answer my secret questions I can only answer one right. I cant remember the format that I answered the second one. Any suggestion as to what I can do? I am trying to register for classes.
Thanks

UDM-ITS said...

Emily, I have reset your PW to 77+last 4 of your TitanConnect #.

77XXXX

Please change your security questions using My Profile to something that will work for you.

Emily McGee said...

My account is locked again. I was able to change my password and then the login would not take it. I saw your reply about the 77 number and it said I was locked out again. Is the last four # of my Titan connect number my student number or my SS#?
Sorry about this.

UDM-ITS said...

Emily, unlocked again. 77+last 4 of your UDM ID which is your TitanConnect #.

D. Praet said...

APECS is currently disabled.

UDM-ITS said...

Mary Ann, the guys do not think it is your password issue since you are set to change in on 1/30. Perhaps your service provider or the unit. Please try it from another location to determine if its your service or the unit. If it is the unit, please ask the Helpdesk to look at when they reopen.

UDM-ITS said...

Cascade, calendar and blogs down as of yesterday.

UDM-ITS said...

Cascade, calendar and blogs back online.