Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Exchange Down

The Exchange server is unexpectedly down at this time and staff are working to bring it back online ASAP.

9 comments:

cheryl styczynski said...

it has been down since approximately 3PM, and still is at 8:37PM. Any idea when it will be back up?

UDM-ITS said...

Approximately 85% of the accounts should be back online and functioning as they normally do. The remaining 15% are in a mailstore that has some corruption in it. A repair procedure is current in process and the tool is estimating repairs to be completed around 10:00 am Wed morning. We are hopeful it will complete sooner than that but at this time that is all the information we have available at this time.

Anonymous said...

Where are we with this? Still not working

Anonymous said...

I must be the 15%, it is still not working

UDM-ITS said...

Unfortunately the repairs are taking longer than expected. Based on the performance that we have seen in the repair stage that we are at, it is looking at least 90 more minutes. We are sorry for this outage and know the inconvenience it creates but are working to get this back in place as quickly as we can. Staff were in until late last night and then back in early in the morning. They remain committed to getting this up as quickly as possible.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the IT staff for going the extra mile to get this resolved.

Anonymous said...

The ETA of 90 minutes passed about 40 minutes ago. Is there an update on this?

UDM-ITS said...

The issue has been resolved and email is now accessible. All queued mail has been delivered.

ITS would like to move affected users off this mailstore and to a new mailstore.

If you were affected by this situation, you may submit a helpdesk ticket and ITS will schedule the time to make the move with you.

Otherwise, ITS will reach out to you within the next few days or weeks to transition you to the new environment.

UDM-ITS said...

Thank you for your patience during this outage.