Thursday, November 05, 2020

Outlook - Users are not able to access

 Community members may not be able to access their Outlook email at this time. Microsoft is aware of the issue and is working to resolve. No ETA has been provided. Updates will be posted as they are made available.

Message from Microsoft:

EX225938, Exchange Online, Last updated: November 5, 2020 3:07 PM
Start time: November 5, 2020 12:25 PM
Status
Service degradation
User impact
Users may be unable to access their mailboxes through Exchange Online via all connection methods.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was affected by this issue early in the day (about 8:45-10am) and then had no problems until again around 3:45. I am currently unable to access outlook again. Are others having issues, too?

Unknown said...

Yes, I am having issues now

Unknown said...

pls me too im scared

Unknown said...

I am also having issues, and I fear someone hacked my account.