Thursday, April 03, 2008

Some Encouraging SPAM/Internet E-mail News

After our trying a number of different approaches at the instructions of SonicWall (the SPAM solutions vendor) and after sending a snapshot of the activity on our spam box, SonicWall has discovered the location of a programming bug within the code that is causing slowness in the delivery and processing of internet mail.  The discovery came around 7:00 pm EST.  Since that time they have been working on a solution and we are standing by to implement it.  It appears this will drag into Friday.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really SO frustrated. I simply can't do the work required of me as a professional under these conditions. Students are trying to email me papers, they need to contact me for conferences, I am (or was) trying to nail down the publication of an article with an editor, I'm in the midst of trying to finialize the details of a conference panel I'm co-organizing, etc.

I assume ITS is doing its best, but this is a real communication crisis. Email is no longer optional in this world we live in. It HAS to be there (or at least with considerably more regularity and reliability than it has been in the past few days).